Teaching and Supporting a Student with a Vision Impairment
The aim of this course is to offer a general understanding of how vision loss impacts on a child’s educational development:
- How the VI service works
- Types of vision loss
- Why a vision impairment might impact on learning and social skills
- General teaching strategies for students with a vision impairment
- Types of assistive technology available
- Developing and fostering independence
- Importance of parental/carer links and expectations.
Trainer: Sharon Williams
Day 1: 17 September, 2019
Start time: 09:00 a.m.
End time: 12:00 p.m.
Venue: Haringey Education Partnership, Hornsey School for Girls, Inderwick Rd, Crouch End, London N8 9JF
Phone: 0208 489 5039